CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
CompTIA Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
- Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners
- Key cloud computing best practices and typical service models
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualization techniques
- Concepts to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient
Required exam CompTIA Network+ N10-007
Number of questions Maximum of 90
Types of questions Multiple choice and performance-based
Length of test 90 minutes
Passing score 720 (on a scale of 100—900)
There are several specific reasons why someone would want to be Network+ certified. This certification benefits you in your pursuit of success in the IT network field by:
Bolstering your resume. Employers and hiring managers might give preference to job applicants with the Network+ certification.
Improving your career opportunities. Some positions in the IT networks field are only open to applicants with Network+ certification. Being certified may allow you to pursue employment with companies that have high standards and requirements for certain job titles.
Increasing your credibility among your peers. Professionals who have a Network+ certification have proved themselves to be knowledgeable about IT networks and proficient in solving network-related problems. They also must have a significant amount of technical experience. A Network+ certification shows your peers that you are committed to the pursuit of excellence in your field.
Offering you opportunities to further your education. To renew and maintain your Network+ certification, you can take advantage of CompTIA’s continuing education program. CompTIA offers a variety of courses that you can take to fulfill the requirements. By keeping yourself informed on developments in the IT field, you will continue to make yourself a more valuable employee and team member.
What skills will you learn?
Network Troubleshooting & Tools
Jobs that use CompTIA Network+
- Junior Network Administrator
- Computer Technician
- Network Field Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Junior System Engineer
- System Engineer
- IS Consultant
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Field Engineer
- Network Analyst